Welcome to my world!

My world of stamping has now taken on a big change, and has become 'My world of Crafting'. Hopefully I can get back to the routine of more regular blogging.

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Something a liitle different.....

At the weekend I really wanted to make something other than cards, although I knew I needed to plan my cards for workshops this week. So this is what I came up with! A set of drawers, matchbox size, stacked and covered with papers for effect. It could be used as a jewellery box or to hold lots of crafty bits and pieces.
But that wasn't enough - I've been desperate to use my sewing machine for ages but knew if I got the bug for sewing again, there would be know stopping me. And I need to focus on cardmaking and papercrafts, NOT fabric and threads. So just a quick makeover for a couple of calico bags I've had for a while.
As we're all trying to save the planet by using fewer plastic carrier bags, I invested in a few of these bags which were crying out to be altered! So a simple flower die to cut the fabric with my Bigshot, and blanket stitched to the bag.
And as I can never make just one of anything, I used the extra flowers to decorate a smaller bag without stitching the edges, just ironed on with 'wonderweb'. I feel it needs a little something to complete it but at the moment , I can't think what! A few buttons in the centres perhaps?
Well maybe next time, I'll have produced a different design when a little inspiration has come to me.
Thanks for looking,
Tricia -x-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Who's dropped in for a look?