Welcome to my world!

My world of stamping has now taken on a big change, and has become 'My world of Crafting'. Hopefully I can get back to the routine of more regular blogging.

Thursday 10 December 2009

Treat bags

With the great ideas that are shared on the ILWS forum, these were an ideal quick make for a recent Christmas Bazaar that I attended. I took the opportunity to try out the Craft White ink pad, new to this year's SU catalogue along with my long awaited Kraft cardstock. The two go together like 'strawberries and cream' !

I cut a 12" x 12" piece of Kraft cardstock into 3, each piece measuring 4" wide. Depending on the contents you could work with a 12" strip but I decided to make the strips 9" long so scored at 4" and 5", giving a 1" gussett and folded along the score lines. I sponged the white ink with a finger dauber around the edges and then stamped randomly with the snowflake from the Winter Post stamp set. With the 1 3/4" circle punch, I punched a hole and sponged more ink around the aperture. Contract 3/8" grosgrain ribbon was passed through the hole and round the side and joined by a knotted bow.
I filled a cello bag with sweets, sealed it and placed inside the stamped and folded cardstock, and sealed the top with a stamped closure, being a Tab, punched in contrasting card and folded in half.

The children loved these, and they were so quick and easy to make. The idea could be used for other occasions throuhout the year.
Thanks for looking.
Be back soon.
Tricia -x-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Who's dropped in for a look?