Welcome to my world!

My world of stamping has now taken on a big change, and has become 'My world of Crafting'. Hopefully I can get back to the routine of more regular blogging.

Monday 14 February 2011

The sun is shining........

.......and I can see that I need to go on a Photography course! I know my camera is just a 'shoot'n'click' but honestly - do they have to be so..bad when I'm doing a close-up?
Well, you can hopefully get the idea.
This is a tad better (really you say?) but what I'm trying to show you is the way I've made the flowers. I don't know if the idea is original, but I thought about trying this earlier today. I've seen flowers made with twisted ribbon stuck to a sticky circle so I thought I'd try the same principal with very narrow strips of coloured card. I punched a circle in the same colour as the card strips, and covered one side of the circle with sticky strip. Having twisted my 2mm strips of card, (carefully as too tightly twisting will break the strip) I placed the twisted strip around the edge of the circle and continued around and around, all the way across ,until the sticky circle was covered. A little prod in the centre so that the end was securely fixed to the card.
Thanks for popping back.
I would love to read your comments if you have the time to leave one.
Tricia -x-

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Tricia!
I love this technique! See if your camera has a 'macro' mode.... might help with close ups.
xx V xx

Margaret said...

What happened to your new years resolution??? I know you're about to become a granny and you've got a wedding to plan as well as a business to run and a family to look after, but what do you do with the rest of your spare time :0)
Speak soon Margaret xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Beautiful! I am a new follower from crafty bloggers network :-) Elaine-xxx-

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Who's dropped in for a look?