Welcome to my world!

My world of stamping has now taken on a big change, and has become 'My world of Crafting'. Hopefully I can get back to the routine of more regular blogging.

Sunday 26 July 2009

My first attempts with a brayer.....

My latest acquisition from Ebay - Upsy Daisy. I do hope it will be in the new Stampin' Up catalogue in October. Not too long to wait now, and then we shall know. You'll probably notice that I haven't actually use a brayer for all three. Top right and bottom, I did use the brayer with Adirondak ink pads that have a range of colour in each pad. This certainly makes life easy where the colours blend, but I definitely need to practice my technique efore showing ithers how to use one. However, the overall result will be well worth the time spent practicing. The flowers were stamped with Versamark and covered with SU black embossing powder, and heated with the heat gun. I must say that SU black embossing powder is by far, the best black embossing powder I have ever used. Absolutely awesome - very fine for the detail and gives a beautiful glossy finish when heated.

This was actually my first go at using the stamp and I decided to spong the background using Olive Green, Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red. I like using this technique, just building up the intensity of colour as you like. And so much easier to blend the colour change. But I will persevere with my brayer - I will!
Thanks for looking.
Tricia -x-

2 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

The sponging looks fab, i love the difference it makes, hugs Pops x

Tracey Feeger said...

This looks fantastic. I love the Upsy Daisy set. Great job.
mwah
Trace

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Who's dropped in for a look?