Welcome to my world!

My world of stamping has now taken on a big change, and has become 'My world of Crafting'. Hopefully I can get back to the routine of more regular blogging.

Monday 2 August 2010

Christmas in July! Part 2

Thanks for coming back for more!
Have you tried heat embossing on vellum? Well here are my efforts! And I was so pleased with the results. Having tried this technique some years ago, I have never tried again until now as the end result was so disappointing - scorch marks and a wavy piece of vellum!
I have come to the conclusion that if you use quality vellum cardstock from Stampin'Up and a quality embossing powder from Stampin'Up, you will always be successful! And were the ladies impressed with their own results?
And just to highlight the silver embossed snowflakes (Serene snowflakes stamp set) I did some subtle sponging around the edges with Night of Navy, on the reverse side of the vellum.
The main image is from the Silent night stamp set, mounted on some silver card.
Vellum is the way to go!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Who's dropped in for a look?